Online job application help
Do you need help with your online application? Read our frequently asked questions below.
Are you are receiving an error or having trouble viewing a posting?
Follow these steps:
- Clear your browser’s cache.
- Ensure your pop-ups are enabled.
- Use a different browser. While all browsers will work with our system, the preferred browser is Internet Explorer.
- If this is your first time applying for a City of Calgary job, follow our application checklist for detailed instructions.
- If you are receiving a message “your resume could not be parsed at this time”, you will need to rename any files you are trying to upload. The maximum file name length is 59 characters including spaces. Rename your file and try uploading again.
- Ensure your cover letter and resume is up to date prior to starting your application.
Have you forgotten your password?
To reset your password follow the steps below:
- From calgary.ca/careers click log in/search jobs and select sign in, then click forgot password.
- Enter your user name (hint: it is usually your email address) and click continue.
- Answer your secret question (you would have set this up when you registered).
- Click email new password.
- Check your email for your temporary password. Return to calgary.ca/careers and sign in with your user name and temporary password given in the email.
- You will then be asked to update your password.
Have you forgotten your username?
To reset your username follow the steps below:
- From www.calgary.ca/careers click on log in/search jobs and select sign in, then click forgot username.
- Enter your email address and click continue.
- Check your email for your username. Return to calgary.ca/careers and sign in with your username and password.
Do you want to return to an application you already started, but did not submit?
- Go to calgary.ca/careers and click on log in/search jobs.
- Click on my job applications.
- Sign in with your user name and password. If you forgot either of those follow the steps above.
- Select the application you would like to continue.
- Complete uploading your resume and/or cover letter, as well as answering the questions on the online questionnaire. Review your application prior to clicking submit.
- Click submit. Check your email for a confirmation email that your application has been submitted.
- Please note you will not be able to complete an application once the closing date has passed.
Are you trying to submit a general application?
The City of Calgary does not accept online or paper applications that are not associated with a current job opening.
Are you trying to update your application?
Once applications are submitted they cannot be updated.
When will I find out about the job?
Most competitions are filled six to eight weeks from the closing date. You will be notified by email when this position has been filled or cancelled.
After you have reviewed these frequently asked questions, and you still require further assistance with our online application system, please contact 311.