Applying for a job online: step-by-step guide
Are you an external applicant who wants to apply for a City of Calgary position? Follow these instructions.
- Visit www.calgary.ca/careers and review the existing job postings.
- Choose an area of interest and click on the job title. This will open up a new browser tab.
- Return the the careers page by selecting the previous browser tab to view other jobs.
Applying for a job
If you have already applied for a job with The City of Calgary and have an account set up, please proceed to step 5.
- Click log in/search jobs and select new user.
- Complete all the required fields. (Note: as a security feature the password you enter will appear as three black dots).
- Click view terms and conditions.
- Once you have successfully registered you will be brought redirected to the main menu where you can apply for jobs, view your saved job applications, and update your account information.
- Click log in/search jobs and select sign in.
- View latest jobs.
- Click the job you are interested in.
- Click apply for job.
- Read the privacy statement, qualifications, and applicant declaration.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Click next and then attach your resume.
- Upload your saved resume (in MS Word, PDF or plain text format) from your computer.
- Attach cover letter (recommended).
- Select your saved cover letter.
- Select next and then complete the job questionnaire.
- Review your application and click submit to complete the process.
Please note: once you click submit you cannot make changes to your application.
Are you having difficulties applying for a job? Contact Human Resources