myID personal account FAQs
myID is an online service that provides citizens and business owners access to multiple City services using a single account.
- Can one type of account be converted into another type?
Business related accounts (business administrator and business user) can be converted from one type to another. Personal accounts can not be converted to business accounts.
Registration/Setting up an account
- Why do I need to provide my email address?
When you register for a myID account, we will email you a temporary password to activate the account. If you forget your username or password, we send notification messages to the registered email address.
Please note: myID will only send emails for registration, activation or password resets reasons.
- Why do I have to select and answer security questions?
You must select and answer at least two security questions. If you forget your password, you can reset it online by correctly answering two security questions. This allows you to easily and securely access your account when you've forgotten your password. Learn how to set up myID security questions.
- What are the jumbled characters in the 'Validate' section?
As an added security measure, and to prevent automated attacks, many sites use this distorted text challenge that only humans can read and computer programs cannot. If the text is too hard for you to read, please click 'Generate New Image' link to get another image.
- The “Continue” button is disabled. Why?
Your account information
- Can I change the email address, username, password or name that is attached to my myID account?
Yes. Sign in to myID and open your account profile through “Account settings” -> “My Profiles” on the side menu.
Using a smartphone or tablet? You may need to click on the menu icon on the upper left corner of your screen to expand the menu options.
- Can I close my account?
Yes. Sign in to myID and open “Account settings” -> “Deactivate account” on the side menu. Press “Close Account” and choose “Yes” on close account confirmation screen to close your account.
- How do I unlock my myID account?
myID will lock an account for 30 minutes after five consecutive failed sign in attempts. You can unlock the account by resetting the password or using the unlock account link provided in account lockout notices sent to your registered email address.
- How do I find out my myID username?
On the Sign in screen, select “Forgot your username?” Your myID username sent to your email address registered with myID.
- How do I reset myID account password?
On the Sign in screen, select “Forgot your password?” A password reset email will be sent to your email address registered with myID.
Social media login
- How do I manage my social media login with myID? Remove or add social media logins.
Sign in to myID and open your account profile through “Account settings” -> “My Profiles” side menu option.
This will bring up option for managing social media logins registered with your myID account. It will allow you to remove and/or add more social media logins to your myID account.
- Can I register my social media login with multiple myID accounts?
- How do I report issues or suggest enhancements?
Contact 3-1-1 to report any issues are experiencing or enhancements you would like to see.