myID business account
Businesses can use a myID business account to access City online services like assessment, permitting, approval and licensing services.
Please note, customers who register a new business online will automatically have a myID business administrator account created as part of the application process.
Get a myID business administrator account
- To get a business license or ID number, if you don't have one, you can apply on the "start a business" website.
- When you apply, you'll need to set up a myID account. Later, you can choose to use this myID as your Business Administrator during the application.
- You also need an email address that is registered with The City for your business. If you need to change this email address, send an email to email@example.com with your new email and Business ID. They might contact you to confirm your details before making the change.
If you already have a myID account
If you want to convert your myID account to a myID business administrator account, visit Convert to myID business administrator account.
If you do not have a myID account
- Create a myID account
- After you register, you'll get a validation code at the email address you registered
- Enter the validation code in the “One time passcode” box and click Submit
- You will be logged in to the system and taken to your dashboard
- Convert your myID account to a myID business administrator account, visit Convert to myID business administrator account
myID for business
There are two types of myID business accounts:
- Business administrator
- Business user
With a business administrator account, you can:
- Create myID business user accounts.
- Modify your profile information.
- Change your password.
- Close your, or other business user accounts (only business administrators can close accounts.
Convert to myID business administrator account
Once logged in to your myID account, on the top right menu:
- Click the Account button
- Click the Business Validation button
- Enter your business license number or business ID
- Click the Submit button
You'll get an e-mail with an activation link.
Another email will be sent to the business contact email that was registered for your business, with an activation code that you'll need to finish registering.
Follow the instructions in your e-mail to activate the myID business administrator account. You'll receive a confirmation email with the subject line “Account Activation Notification.”
Create myID business accounts
Once you've set up your myID business administrator account, that account can create any other myID business user or business administrator accounts.
To create these accounts, sign in to myID, then click the Account button in the top right menu, then click on the Manage business users list button.