Information

Get updates on changes to City services and closures.

View COVID-19 info and support

Humpy Hollow Park

All City of Calgary parks | Downtown parks | Contact Parks

Humpy Hollow is a small fenced park beside the Catholic Pastoral Centre and is now home to the historic McHugh House.

Location: 17 Ave. S.E. & Centre St.

Size: 2 hectares

Park hours: 5 a.m. - 11 p.m.

Book this park

Park features

  • Tot lot
  • Fenced
  • Grassy area
  • Benches
  • Picnic table
  • 2 hour parking
  • Historic McHugh House

About the park

The historic McHugh House is preserved at Humpy Hollow Park. The house is one of the ten oldest houses in Calgary, built in 1896 and donated to The City of Calgary in 2014. The house was originally built for John Joseph McHugh, one of three brothers originally from Ottawa who were prominent Calgary pioneers and ranchers. The house is an early, rare, and intact example of Queen Anne Revival-style architecture in Calgary. The City is restoring the house and Parks is currently exploring opportunities for future use.​​​​​​​​

Humpy Hollow Park 

McHugh House
McHugh House being moved

​​​​​