North Mount Pleasant Arts Centre Area Improvements
The work proposed in this project includes:
- Multi-use outdoor programmable space
- Bike racks
- Accessibility upgrades
- Artistic components to showcase North Mount Pleasant Arts Centre users
- An accessible pottery wheel
- 25th Ave. between Seventh & Ninth St. N.W.
- 24th Ave. & 25th Ave. between Fourth & Fifth St. N.W.
- Sidewalk and pathway connecting Seventh St. to 27th Ave. N.W.
- 26th Ave. between Fourth & Fifth St. N.W. (south side of Arts Centre)
- 23rd Ave. between Ninth & 10th St. N.W.
- Ninth St. from 24th Ave. to 23rd Ave.
The Mount Pleasant public realm improvement project will improve or upgrade infrastructure in this community.
Once constructed, the improvements will encourage people to explore and spend time in the spaces within their communities and support continued reinvestment in the community.
The sidewalk improvements are part of Calgary’s Pedestrian Strategy to make Calgary safer, more comfortable and interesting for walking.
Design options for the area have been developed based on feedback collected from key stakeholders. Provide your feedback until July 9.
Capital investment in this project will generate nine full-time jobs and contribute almost $1.3 million to the GDP (based on Infrastructure Calgary’s economic impact assessment model).
A portion of the greenspace and community garden will be unavailable for the 2022 spring/summer season.
The contractor will adhere to The City’s Community Standards Bylaw, 5M2004 for hours of operation, material storage and construction best practices, including dust mitigation. If you have questions, please contact 311.
The estimated cost of this work is $1.4 million. Funding is provided by the Established Area Growth and Change Strategy Capital Fund.
- September 24, 2018, Established Area Growth and Change Strategy – Scoping Report presented to City Council (PFC2018-0891).
- November 2019 - December 2020, Community conversations about potential improvements to the local public realm.
- February 3, 2020, Council approved Notice of Motion (PFC2020-0131) to provide $30 million for public realm improvements in the established area.
- May 25, 2020, Phase 1 recommendations approved by City Council (PFC2020-0381).
- December 2020, Phase 2 progress update to Committee (PFC2020-1245).
- 2021, Design development and public engagement.
- Spring 2022, Construction begins.
- Fall 2022, Construction is expected to be completed.