All heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) installations in new buildings and renovations require Mechanical Permits. Homeowners are not allowed to do work that involves natural gas, so permits for mechanical work must be applied for and the work done by a certified, licensed mechanical contractor.
Information and forms
- Mechanical Contractor - application for online permitting
- Mechanical Permit application
- HVAC Mechanical Permit checklist
- AFE (Automatic Fire Extinguisher) mechanical Permit checklist
- Geoexchange Project
- Solar Air Mechanical Permit checklist
- Building and Trade Permit fee schedule
- Qualified trade permit applications
Planning Services Centre
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Live chat: calgary.ca/livechat
Web: Planning Services Centre
Development Approvals Review Team
Find Development Approvals Review Team staff to contact about specific applications.