Water guidelines and construction specifications
This section contains the most recent versions of technical guidelines and specifications, for use by the development industry. Throughout the year bulletins are often issued to address and update items contained within these guidelines and specifications.
To find water development approval submission information, including bulletins, resources, guides and templates, visit Water Development Resources.
- Bulletin: Environmental Regulatory Requirements for Unplanned Release of Potable Water to the Storm System
- Bulletin: Erosion and Sediment Control Document Survey Follow-up, Workshops, and Implementation Timelines
- Bulletin: Service Valves Greater than 50MM - 2018
- Bulletin: Operation of the Water Distribution System in New Subdivisions and Tie-ins - 2018
- Bulletin: Water Resources / Water Services - Amendment to 2017 Standard Water Specifications
Applications, Guidelines, Manuals, Specifications
- Stormwater Irrigation Guidelines - 2018
- 2011 Stormwater management and design manual
- Potable Water Feedermain Design Guidelines and Specifications - 2020
- Standard Specifications Waterworks Construction - 2020 - NEW
- Standard Specifications Sewer Construction - 2020 - NEW
- Geotechnical Report Guidelines for Land Development Applications - 2017
- Wastewater Lift Station Design Guidelines - 2016
- Capital Signage Guidelines
- Sewer Bypass Guidelines - NEW
- Development Site Servicing Plan Guidelines - NEW
- Development Site Servicing Plan (DSSP) circulation stamp - NEW
- DSSP Circulation Stamp (.dwg) - NEW
- DSSP Circulation Stamp (.dgn) - NEW
- Erosion and Sediment Control Guidelines - a detailed guidelines document with example drawings and calculations.
- Erosion and Sediment Control Field Manual - a reference for use out on the field or on construction sites.
- Erosion and Sediment Control Standard Specifications - a document that outlines the legally binding details and regulatory requirements for each standard practice for design, installation, inspection, maintenance and removal (where applicable).
- Erosion and Sediment Control Plan Application andInstruction Manual - a reference to support you during the ESC plan application process.