A pre-application inquiry is a voluntary process where a prospective applicant may present a development proposal to The City for review and comment, prior to a formal application being submitted. The City currently offers two types of pre-application services:
- Simple Pre-Applications: Contact the Planning Services Centre at (403) 268-5311 or calgary.ca/livechat.
- Development Approvals Review Team (DART) Pre-Applications: To start your application, contact the Planning Services Centre at (403) 268-5311 or calgary.ca/livechat.
Corporate Applications planning group pre-application meetings are strongly recommended on all major, complex or controversial Outline Plan, Subdivision, Land Use Amendment and Development Permit Applications. Having a pre-application meeting can help identify major issues with the proposal, as well as identify supplemental technical information that will be required to accompany the formal application.
A Corporate Applications planning group pre-application meeting fee is charged for this service and can be found on the second page of the Planning Applications Fee Schedule. This is a meeting with a planner and representatives from Parks, Transportation and Development Engineering and is submitted online through vista.calgary.ca. To make an online submission, you will need the following:
- Applicant Information
- Parcel Address
- Project Name
- Project Description
- Discussion Items
- Conceptual Site Plan and/or Context Plan
- Where the Pre-application is for a land use redesignation only, a conceptual site and/or context plan are not required.
- Pre-application Meeting Fee
- Payment will be required online to complete this request.
For detailed step-by-step instructions on how to submit a Corporate Applications planning group Pre-Application, click on the How-To Guide.