Getting into the Fire Cadet Program?
To be eligible to submit an application, you must be:
- Between 15 and 18 years of age (by December 31 of the year that you apply).
- Currently attending high school in Calgary or the surrounding area.
- Fit, enthusiastic and willing to learn.
- Able to commit to one night a week for three semesters (this may mean that you are out of high school or over the age of 18 by the end of the year and a half-long program).
- Dependable and able to comfortably interact/communicate well with others.
You must obtain a medical clearance from your doctor upon acceptance to this program.
For more information about medical requirements, please contact the Fire Cadet office.
There is a $100 fee per semester, to be paid on acceptance and at the beginning of each semester thereafter. Funding support is available if needed.
Cadets are provided with all required materials, gear and uniforms. All classes are held at the Calgary Fire Training Academy at 5727 - 23rd Ave. S.E. You must arrange your own transportation to and from the Fire Training Academy to attend your classes.