Improve your speed
Start and Stop drills teach you to start, stop and start again as quickly and with the least amount of energy as possible. They combine footwork, speed, balance and movement to train your brain and muscles to excel in any activity!
- Avoid bumping into things
- Move quickly out of the way
- Perform in soccer, basketball, tennis, football, etc.
How to do it
- Stand with your feet side by side.
- Take a step forward with your right foot, then left for 10 steps.
- Come to a complete stop on the 10th step. Bring both feet side by side.
- Try changing direction after each stop.
- Add in a new action after a stop, like jumping forward with both feet.
- Measure how fast you complete five start and stops. Try to do the same thing in a shorter time.
Try these activities to work on your speed: