All heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) installations in new buildings and renovations require Mechanical Permits. Homeowners are not allowed to do work that involves natural gas, so permits for mechanical work must be applied for and the work done by a certified, licensed mechanical contractor.
Information and forms
- Mechanical Contractor - application for online permitting
- Mechanical Permit application
- HVAC Mechanical Permit checklist
- AFE (Automatic Fire Extinguisher) mechanical Permit checklist
- Geoexchange Project
- Solar Air Mechanical Permit checklist
- Building and Trade Permit fee schedule
- Qualified trade permit applications
Planning Services Centre
We are experiencing higher than normal volumes and longer wait times. We appreciate your patience while our agents answer your questions and review your applications.
If you are trying to reach us, please select only one method of contact for your inquiry. Multiple inquiry services at the same time can increase volumes and wait times. For applications, we encourage the use of our online system as the timelines for drop-off and online submissions are the same.
Monday - Friday*
8 a.m. - 4:15p.m. (Mountain Time Zone)
*closed on statutory holidays
COVID-19 changes to services