14 Street Ramp to Westbound Glenmore Trail Bridge Rehabilitation
The three spans cast-in-place box girder bridge was built in 1978 and carries two traffic lanes across Glenmore Trail S.W. The physical condition of various elements of this bridge has declined to the point where work is required to keep the bridge in service.
The project aims at rehabilitating deteriorated bridge elements and extending the service life of the bridge. Maintaining bridges is key to minimizing deterioration and keeping drivers and Calgarians safe.
Project update - September 2023
14 Street Ramp S.W. to Glenmore Trail
Crews have completed barrier and expansion joint work on the west side and have transitioned to the east side of the ramp.
- Starting on Aug 31, 2023, traffic will be shifted to the left side of the bridge. A single lane will be accessible on the Northbound 14 Street Ramp to Westbound Glenmore Trail and the posted driving speed will be reduced. Crews will work on the west side of the bridge.
- On Glenmore Trail traffic will be reduced to a single lane in each direction from 9 p.m. - 5 a.m.
The work is anticipated to be completed by fall 2023.
Access will be maintained throughout construction, but motorists may use alternate routes when possible.
We will make every effort to limit impacts on traffic; however, motorists are advised to expect delays. Please watch for crews and follow posted signage.
Please be advised that construction is dependent on weather, availability of materials, and site conditions. Updates to traffic staging will be posted online. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Traffic accommodations are expected for both Northbound 14 Street and Glenmore Trail
- Construction will be completed in stages and anticipated traffic staging includes lane closures
- The 14 Street Ramp will remain accessible throughout the duration of the project
Scope of work
The rehabilitation work on the bridge structure will include:
- Traffic barrier replacement
- Girders and deck repair
- Substructure repair
- Expansion joints replacement
- New asphalt-wearing surface
- Improving the condition, appearance, and safety of the bridge for drivers
- Extending the life of the bridge by over 30 years
The estimated investment for this project is $6.7 million.
- Spring 2023 - Construction Start
- Fall 2023 - Construction Complete
Specific dates will be posted closer to the construction period. Construction is dependent on weather, availability of materials, and site conditions. Updates will be provided regularly.
Sign up for our email updates to receive the most up-to-date information about the 14 Street Ramp to Westbound Glenmore Trail Bridge Rehabilitation.
If you have questions about the rehabilitation of 14 Street Ramp to Westbound Glenmore Trail Bridge, please contact 311.