Traffic Management Centre TMC
The City's Traffic Management Centre (TMC) monitors, responds and presents real-time information to motorists using:
- Traffic cameras to monitor traffic flow, road conditions and traffic obstructions.
- Traffic systems to monitor and control the operation of traffic signals.
- A website map that shows road closures, road works and other activities impeding traffic flow.
- A FM radio station delivering current traffic information.
- Dynamic road signs to inform motorists of traffic problems.
- Travel time Technology
- Lane reversals.
- High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lanes
This combination of technologies gathers real-time traffic information and uses that information to revise traffic signal operation where appropriate and keep motorists advised of abnormal traffic conditions, congestion, lane closures and construction delays.