Calgary's Plus 15 Network
Plus 15 Map - updates
Due to new COVID-19 restrictions imposed by the Government of Alberta, The City's Plus 15 network will be closed to all public access beginning on Sunday, Dec. 13. This closure will remain in place until Jan. 21, 2021. Please refer to the Plus 15 map.
The Plus 15 network includes 83 bridges and nearly 16 km of sheltered pedestrian walkways.
Plus 15 construction alerts
Lifecycle work continues to progress on several Plus 15 structures and is expected to be completed in mid-fall 2020. This work includes necessary lifecycle replacements to components of the Plus 15 structure that have reached their end of life. The Plus 15 will be closed for the duration of the project to protect the safety of the general public.
Plus 15s closed for repair:
- From Andrew Davison crossing 1 Street S.E. to Carter Place
- From Rocky Mountain Plaza crossing Macleod Trail S.E. to Castell Building (Former Central Library)
- From CPA Lot 36 City Hall Parkade crossing Macleod Trail S.E. to Arts Commons
- From Calgary Telus Convention Centre crossing 9 Avenue S.E. to Palliser One
- Enclosed Walkway located on the interior of the block between Carter Place to Rocky Mountain Plaza
- From TD Square and the First Canadian Centre. Exterior (roof repair) mid-October to early November. This will not impact public access.
- From 4 Street LRT to Holt Renfrew: Full closure Sept. 28 to Oct. 11, inclusive of the weekend for flooring work. Starting on Sept. 10, 2020 until mid-October, rehabilitation work will begin on this section of the Plus 15. The public will have access to the bridge during construction except from Sept. 28 to Oct. 11, 2020.
Plus 15 policy update project
We’re working with Plus 15 users and other stakeholders to update the Plus 15 Policy, written in 1984. Much has changed since then, but the Plus 15s remain a vital part of moving people and goods through downtown.
In addition to the policy work, we’re developing security, management and funding strategies to support the network for years to come. For more information on this work, please visit the Plus 15 public engagement page.
Plus 15 contact
To report Plus 15 issues or to request more information, please submit an online service request to 311.