Delegation visit and study tour request
- Foster friendly diplomatic relations.
- May be part of a broader visit and agenda.
- Build awareness and share knowledge of The City's services.
- Contribute to The City's reputation worldwide.
- Share 'best practices' about municipal services.
- Include City staff with the subject matter expertise.
The City looks to ensure a good experience and shared benefit for visiting groups.
- The request should not be a duplication by the same requesting body on the same topic within the past two years.
- The visit should take place during the hours of 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday, excluding statutory holidays.
- The tour ranges from a one-hour meeting to a full program no longer than two days.
- The City and the visiting group must be similar in population, key industries, economic conditions or investment climate.
- The request must provide a short or long-term benefit or bring added value to The City.
- The request must provide an opportunity to enhance The City's profile on a municipal, regional, provincial, national or international basis.
- Funding or resources must come from existing budgets and must not result in additional cost to The City.
- Exceptions can be made where a visiting delegation or study tour does not meet above criteria.
- The City does not issue invitation letters for visa purposes.
- We contact and liaise with City departments and external partners. We identify presenters, meeting rooms/venue, and determine the program.
For more information about citizen recognitions and protocol at The City, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 403-988-5588. Office hours are Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.