The Youth Employment Centre (YEC) provides free career and employment services to youth ages 15 - 24.
In collaboration with local and national businesses and various youth serving agencies, YEC provides youth with free career development opportunities and employment services including:
- 1 to 1 Employment Counsellor Support
- Resume and Cover Letter Targeting
- Job Searching Strategies
- Interview Preparation
- Career Planning and Exploration
- Industry Training Options
- Networking Opportunities
- Volunteering Opportunities
- Employment Opportunities/Job Postings
- Scholarship and Bursary Opportunities
- Employer Hiring Events
- Annual Youth Hiring Fair
- Employer Connections
- Employment Workshops
- Informational Interviews/Job Shadowing Opportunities
- Work Experience Programs
To access YEC’s free employment services call (403) 268-2490 or schedule a remote appointment here .
For general YEC information or inquires please contact Violet Rudy at Violet.Rudy@Calgary.ca.
YEC marketing material for distribution or print
YEC Employment Workshops
YEC offers free employment services and resources for your career planning and job search. We've created some videos to help you:
Industry Training Certificates at No Cost to Youth
- Construction Safety Training System (CSTS)
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
- Standard First Aid/CPR Level C
Please note that all industry trainings offered by YEC must fit with your career goals. Availability of industry trainings may change depending on time of year.