The Youth Employment Centre (YEC) provides free career and employment services to youth ages 15 - 24.
In collaboration with local and national businesses and various youth serving agencies, YEC provides youth with free career development opportunities and employment services including:
- 1 to 1 Employment Counsellor Support
- Resume and Cover Letter Targeting
- Job Searching Strategies
- Interview Preparation
- Career Planning and Exploration
- Industry Training Options
- Networking Opportunities
- Volunteering Opportunities
- Employment Opportunities/Job Postings
- Scholarship and Bursary Opportunities
- Employer Hiring Events
- Annual Youth Hiring Fair
- Employer Connections
- Employment Workshops
- Informational Interviews/Job Shadowing Opportunities
- Work Experience Programs
To access YEC’s free employment services call (403) 268-2490 or schedule a remote appointment here .
For general YEC information or inquires please contact Violet Rudy at Violet.Rudy@Calgary.ca.
YEC marketing material for distribution or print
Industry Training Certificates at No Cost to Youth
- Construction Safety Training System (CSTS)
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
- Standard First Aid/CPR Level C
Please note that all industry trainings offered by YEC must fit with your career goals. Availability of industry trainings may change depending on time of year.