The Youth Employment Centre (YEC) provides free career and employment services to youth ages 15 - 24.
In collaboration with local and national businesses and various youth serving agencies, YEC provides youth with free career development opportunities and employment services including:
- 1 to 1 employment counsellor support
- Resume and cover letter targeting
- Job searching strategies
- Interview preparation
- Career planning and exploration
- Industry training options
- Networking opportunities
- Volunteering opportunities
- Employment opportunities / job postings
- Scholarship and bursary Oopportunities
- Employer hiring events
- Annual youth hiring fair
- Employer connections
- Employment workshops
- Informational interviews / job shadowing opportunities
- Work experience programs
To access the YEC's free employment services drop by:
Youth Employment Centre
2nd floor of the Alberta Trade Centre,
315 10 Avenue S.E.,
The centre is open to drop-ins:
Monday - Friday
9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
(excluding statutory holidays).
Questions? Contact Joleen Teske, Community Relations Liaison at email@example.com or call the YEC main number at 403-268-2490.
YEC Marketing Materials: for print and distribution.
YEC employment workshops
YEC offers free employment services and resources for your career planning and job search. We've created some videos to help you:
Industry Training Certificates at No Cost to Youth
- Construction Safety Training System (CSTS)
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
- Standard first aid/CPR level C
Please note that all industry trainings offered at no cost by the YEC are for financially barriered youth and must fit within their career goals. Availability of industry trainings may change depending on time of year.