Parks under construction
The City is committed to maintaining the vitality of its parks and natural areas. This involves routinely upgrading established parks, pathways, playgrounds and natural areas as well as creating new parks to ensure their longevity and sustainability, and the safety of park users and the wildlife. See our park development guidelines for more information.
Parks currently under construction
The following Calgary parks are currently undergoing upgrades and/or redevelopment:
- Blakiston Park
- Bowmont Park - project updates
- Bowness Park - part of the ENMAX Parks Program
- Century Gardens - early stages of redevelopment
- Clearwater Park
- Confederation Park
- Jack Long Park - redevelopment
- Laycock Park - restoration project
- Mills Park
- Nose Hill - trail and pathway improvement
- Prairie Winds Park
- River Park/Sandy Beach/Britannia Slopes
Using our pathways? The City also provides up-to-date information on pathway closures and pathway construction work around Calgary.
About park projects
For more information on The City's investment into capital projects and infrastructure over the next five years, please visit calgaryinfrastructure.ca.