The Sport Hub is a collaboration between The City of Calgary, Calgary Board of Education, local Sport Groups, and Communities, offering sport programming that is inclusive, affordable, and accessible.
With over 15 sports available at beginner, recreation, or competitive levels, Sport Hub provides a safe environment to try a new sport or get involved in a league. It's a place to learn, play or coach.
- After school sport programming
- Free community sport programming
- Easy access to local sport clubs
- Community sport events
- Sport leadership opportunities
For more information contact Stuart Rose, Sport Development Advisor, Calgary Recreation.
Sport Hub programming is offered to schools with a focus on delivering fun, inclusive, quality sport experiences that contribute to building your child’s confidence, competence and motivation to get physically active.
Students access the Sport Hub at school during:
- Physical Education Class time
- Lunchtime programs
- After school programs
NE schools participating in Sport Hub include:
- Crossing Park School - 500 Martindale Blvd NE - Map
- Falconridge School - 1331 Falconridge Dr NE - Map
- Grant MacEwan School - 180 Falshire Dr NE - Map
- Hugh A. Bennet School - 40 Saddlelake Way NE - Map
- Manmeet Singh Bhullar School - 1027 Martindale Blvd. NE - Map
- Nelson Mandela - 45 Saddletowne Circle NE - Map
- O.S Geiger School - 100 Castlebrook Dr NE - Map
- Peter Lougheed JH - 148 Saddletree Close NE - Map
- Ted Harrison JH - 215 Taravista Way NE - Map
- Terry Fox JH - 139 Falshire Dr NE - Map
Sport Hub programming is free and offered to communities with the goal of providing quality sport experiences that are fun, accessible and inclusive, supporting a child's journey to becoming physically active for life. Join us at these upcoming events (and check back often for additional listings).
Sport Hub works with National, Provincial and Local Sport Clubs to provide opportunities to participants looking to get involved in recreational and competitive league programs. For more information on local sport clubs in your area click on the links below:
- Australian Rules Football
- Field Hockey
- Kung Fu Force
- Outdoor Council of Canada
- Calgary Juniors Ultimate Frisbee