Glenmore Boat Patrol
Owned and operated by The City of Calgary since 1964, the Glenmore Boat Patrol patrols the waters of the Glenmore Reservoir between May 1 and October 31 to ensure the highest level of safety for all recreational user groups on the water.
Boat Patrol is on the water:
- May 1 to the October long weekend, sunrise to sunset, 7 days per week.
- October long weekend to October 31, weekends only, sunrise to sunset.
When Boat Patrol staff are on duty, a green flag is displayed at each of the three reservoir launch sites:
- Heritage Park boat launch - 8003 14 St. S.W.
- Calgary Canoe Club and Calgary Rowing Club - 7305 Crowchild Tr. S.W.
- Glenmore Sailing School - 8415 24 St. S.W.
In the event of an emergency, use the radios located near the green flags to call Boat Patrol, or phone 403-221-3612.
Glenmore Boat Patrol is a member of the Water Safety Partnership – a task force whose goal is to reduce the number of water-related deaths and injuries in Canada. Boat Patrol operators undergo extensive rescue craft and first responder training, and use several fully-equipped rescue boats to respond to distress calls.
In addition to patrolling, water rescues, and first response to all boating and shoreline incidents or emergencies on the reservoir, the Glenmore Boat Patrol is responsible for environmental stewardship, water safety education, and maintenance of the reservoir throughout the boating season. Click on the links to learn more about water rescue and water safety.