The City of Calgary's Law section includes:
- Legal Services,
- Risk Management & Claims, and
- the Corporate Issues Management Program.
Legal, and risk and claims management advice to the Mayor and Council, City Manager, General Managers, and business units to help protect The City's interests for all Calgarians.
Legal expertise on:
- real estate,
- planning and development,
- intellectual property,
- assessment and tax,
- freedom of information,
- municipal law, and
- legislative matters.
Represent The City in lawsuits and quasi-judicial proceedings and conduct prosecutions.
Investigate, adjust, collect and settle claims made by and against third parties.
Purchase and administer insurance coverage for The City.
Law does not provide legal services to the public.
Members of the public who require legal services are requested to call:
- Lawyers listed in the telephone directory or yellow pages
- Lawyer Referral at 403-228-1722
- Legal Aid Alberta at 1-866-845-3425
- Calgary Legal Guidance at 403-234-9266
See also "I Got a bylaw ticket. Now what?"