Golf Lessons - Confederation Park
Benefits of taking our golf lessons
- Our golf professional team will help you get started, achieve your individual golf goals or work to perfect your game.
- Lessons will provide skill development for beginner to intermediate golfers.
- You will learn to develop the fundamentals of setup, basic swing mechanics, putting and chipping for all levels and abilities.
- We also offer Playing Lessons in select lessons on the final day for beginner and intermediate golfers in groups of up to 4 people on the golf course. You will learn on-course playing abilities through on-course training, strategy, etiquette and rules.
- Lessons are at the Driving Range located at one of our convenient locations:
Types of golf lessons
About our PGA Golf Professionals
Our lessons are taught by professional instructors from the National Golf Academy, which also offers their own private, group and semi-private lessons. NGA's teaching staff includes some of the country's finest instructors:
- Terry Carter - 2009/2004 PGA of Alberta Teacher of the Year, top 50 instructor in Canada, (nominated for top 100 instructors in North America for Golf Magazine)
- Darryl James - 2015 PGA of Alberta Club Pro Champion, 2014 2nd place PGA of Alberta Club Pro Champion & 2007/2008 PGA of Alberta Player of the Year.
- Dan Cameron - 2014 Winner PGA Alberta Club Pro Champion. 4-time PGA of Alberta Player of the Year, PGA of Alberta Junior Teacher of the Year, 25 year service award recipient Canadian PGA....
- as well as other great pro's alike.
What are lessons like?
- Lessons are taught in a fun, relaxed and supportive environment.
- We maintain a max 8:1 instructor ratio and 6:1 for small groups.
- Lessons are held rain or shine! Some locations have under cover space available, but make sure to dress for the weather.
- We offer Intermediate adult lessons for golfers who have had previous lesson experience AND are regular golfers (1 – 2x / week).
- If your preferred lesson is sold out, please add to the waitlist. You will be contacted only if a space opens up.
- Waiver forms are required to be completed and will be collected on the first day of program. Visit Calgary.ca/recreationforms and select Golf to view the form(s) required.
- Participants are strongly encouraged to bring their own clubs or borrow from someone. However, clubs will be provided if needed.
- Balls and tees are provided.
- Golfers are not required to have golf gloves or golf shoes.
- Bring your own water bottle, sunscreen and a hat.
- Dress appropriately for the weather and come prepared to be outdoors for the full length of time. Wear loose clothing and proper footwear, soft soled shoes or running shoes.
- Participants not participating/registered in the class are unable to remain in the lesson area during the lesson, unless presence is deemed necessary for instruction or safety of participant(s) (ie. Support Person/Aides).
- Participants may be asked to share stalls.
- Instructors are subject to change.
Inclement Weather Procedure
Inclement Weather Line, 403-300-1000
Occasionally our outdoor lessons are relocated or cancelled in the event of severe weather, extreme temperatures or poor air quality.
If you are unsure if weather will affect your lesson, please call the inclement weather line up to 2 hours prior to scheduled lesson start time.
If no update is provided, please attend your lesson as scheduled.
- Our Kids on Course subsidy program, provides juniors and families, who are approved for fee assistance, with free opportunities to learn and play golf in specially designed programs.
- Golfers of all abilities are welcome to attend our golf lessons. Please check Golf Course Accessibility Information to understand any barriers as we continue to work on improving access for everyone.
- Lessons are inclusive for all. Please contact us and we would be happy to help understand your needs and abilities to ensure success for your lessons.
Unknown – Adult Beginner Series
I was registered in the Adult Golf lessons at McCall Golf Course. Mike was amazing and thoroughly enjoyed the evenings golfing :)
Cerebral Palsy Kids & Families – Junior Adapted Golf
We really enjoyed the program. I can say everything was perfect. Great instructors and staff, perfect ratio of instructors to students, all accessible trails, and luckily nice weather!
New to golf?
From safety and etiquette to dress code, find answers to questions for beginners
Golf lesson progression chart
Suggested steps for golf lessons
Safety and etiquette
Basic rules and safety awareness
Policies and dress code
Proper conduct while on the course