Birthday Parties - Southland Leisure Centre
Types of parties
Surf's Up Swim Party
Enjoy two hours of adult supervised swimming in the water park. Enjoy waves, play structures and slides during public swim times. Pool amenities are based on staff availability. Plus, one hour in our group party zone for food, cake, and gift opening.
- Ages: All ages. A responsible person 14 years of age or older must be in the water within arm’s reach of all children who are under 8 years old. There is a maximum 1 responsible person to every 3 children.
- Available times: Saturdays and Sundays. Parties cannot be booked on holidays.
- Base cost: $145 for the first 12 people. Effective January 2024 $200.
- Additional guests: Pay for additional guests on arrival Drop-in admission rates apply. Maximum of 20 people altogether.
Kinder Room Party
Climb, jump and crawl on our private indoor play structure space for two hours.
This space features an area for active play, separate space with a seating area with kitchenette (fridge/freezer and sink) plus a private washroom.
- Ages: Walking - 7 years
- Available times: Friday evening, Saturdays and Sundays. Parties cannot be booked on holidays.
- Base cost: $180 for maximum 20 children (no charge for adults up to a maximum of 15). The space can accomodate 35 people total. Effective January 2024 $225.
Bounce House and Sports party
Run, pass and jump into our bounce house and sport party. Your party group will have one hour in the gym with the bounce house and a variety of sports equipment. Followed by one hour in our party area for food, cake and gift opening.
- Ages: up to 12 years
- Available times: Saturday mornings. Parties cannot be booked on holidays.
- Base cost: $175 for maximum 15 children (no charge for adults up to a maximum of 5). The space can accommodate 20 people total. Effective January 2024 $185.
Party preparations and expectations
Meet your guests in the lobby and check in with our staff at the party sign. We recommend having your guests meet 15 minutes prior to the scheduled time.
Arrive at your designated space on time. Due to the volume of party bookings, we are unable to extend your booking time.
For pool parties:
- additional party guests must be paid for prior to entering the pool area.
- it is your responsibility to greet any late guests.
A large bin on wheels is available for storage of gifts, coats, etc.
You are welcome to bring food and drinks. Remember to bring all your birthday essentials, e.g. plates, cups, candles, etc.
- It’s best to keep things simple with snacks or just cake/gift opening rather than a full meal.
- If any items need a freezer or fridge, let our staff know.
- We do not provide cooking or heating facilities.
- Do not bring cooking appliances such as crock pots, hot plates, etc.
For the Kinder Room you will have access to the space at the time of your booking. Early access to the room is not available.
For pool parties, access to the party zone is only available 15 minutes after the end of your scheduled swim time. Early access is not available.
The space will have tables (covered with a table cloth) and chairs available. If you would like to add a birthday banner you are welcome to.
- We do not permit glass containers, silly string, piñatas or other novelties that disperse.
- We do not permit latex balloons but do allow mylar balloons.
Yes, a responsible person 14 years of age or older must be in the water within arm’s reach of all children who are under 8 years old. There is a maximum 1 responsible person to every 3 children. Children eight years of age and older are permitted to swim on their own. Lifejackets are available for free.
Yes, but the lifeguard can refuse the use of any toys you bring. We suggest small water toys, as they are most likely to be accepted.
Mermaid fins as with other toys, patrons who wish to use a mermaid fin must speak to the lifeguard on duty first. Lifeguards must ensure that the mermaid fin user is a strong swimmer and pass the following safety tests prior to use: swim 25 meters continuously, tread water for two minutes and swim with confidence while wearing the mermaid fin. The lifeguard will consider the how much activity there is in the pool and may test the person on the competence and expertise when using mermaid fins. The lifeguard can at any time refuse the use of any equipment.
Leisure Centre day admissions can be purchased at a 20% discount price, great for filling loot bags!
Call the Leisure Centre directly prior to your party; 403-648-6555 to inquire about pre-purchasing day admissions.
Parties are responsible for collecting all garbage/recycling, sweeping the area, and wiping the tables. Supplies will be provided. Space must be cleaned and vacated by the end of the booked time.
Request a booking
Book online through Live & Play.
Parties must be booked 7 days prior to party date.
Cancellations or amendments must be received a minimum of 14 days prior to the date of the party, a $10.00+GST administrative fee will be charged. Failure to observe these deadlines will result in loss of the full cost of the party.