Flooding - Stay informed
Calgary is at its greatest risk of flooding from May 15 to July 15. Know your flood risk and be prepared to act.
Emergency notification resources
If Calgary is experiencing a flood event, it’s your responsibility to be informed. Stay up-to-date with conditions and ensure you are prepared to act:
- Watch and listen to local media stations.
- Listen for an ‘Alert Ready’ emergency alert on your cellphone.
- Download the Alberta Emergency Alert app for your cellphone.
- Check Environment Canada for weather advisories from the Government of Canada.
- Download Alberta Environment's river monitoring app for iOS or Android or visit the Alberta River Basins webpage.
- To check weather and river flow forecasts, select “Forecaster Comments” from the drop down menu and click the Flood tab on the dialogue box that pops up.
- Advisories will only be posted if there is a flood risk.
- Advisories will also be listed in the banner at the top of the page and the impacted watershed will be highlighted on the map.
City of Calgary alerts and notices
In the event emergency response measures are needed, The City will share information via local media, social media and on Calgary.ca.