Golf Course Operations Ambassador Program
The City of Calgary Golf Courses is pleased to offer the Ambassador Program (formerly Marshal & 1st Tee Greeter). All applicants must be 18 years of age or over. In keeping with the friendly and recreational theme of the golf courses, we are looking for friendly, people-oriented volunteers who enjoy playing golf and would enjoy volunteering in a golf course environment.
- This volunteer uses a golf cart and circulates throughout the course welcoming our guests and answering questions. They also monitor the course to ensure pace of play expectations are being met and respond as required.
- Assist the clubhouse staff in tracking tee times (pace of play) and report those times at predetermined timeframes.
- Occasionally aide clubhouse staff in coordinating golfers teeing off 1st tee.
- Guide customers on policies (no outside alcohol, safe operation of power carts, etc.), rules & etiquette of golf.
Golf Appreciation: New 2022
Ambassador shifts are 5 hours in length. City of Calgary Golf courses will show our appreciation by providing points redeemable for golf play, cart rental, or a driving range bucket of balls.
- Ambassadors earn 2 points for every hour of time volunteered. A five-hour shift will earn 10 points.
- Points are valid for 365 days from the date they are earned.
- Points are redeemable by the individual/volunteer only and are non-transferable.
Conditions of use:
- Points can be used for golf redemption (including League play) anytime Mon.-Thu. and after 2:00 p.m. on Fri., Sat., Sun., and holidays.
- Points can be used for power cart redemption anytime Mon.–Thu. and after 2:00 p.m. on Fri., Sat., Sun., and holidays. Points cannot be used for power cart redemptions during league play.
|2022 Redemption Point Value||Weekend 18 holes (After 2 p.m. Fri.-Sun. and holidays)||Weekday 18||Weekend 9 holes (After 2 p.m. Fri.– Sun. and holidays)||9-holes Weekday|
|McCall Lake Par 3||-||-||2||2|
|Power Cart Full||5||5||4||4|
|Range Bucket (50 balls)||1||1||1||1|