Landfill Throw 'n' Go facilities
We offer Throw 'n' Go areas for residential customers that allow you to safely and conveniently dispose of items that you want to recycle or throw away.
For hours and locations of City of Calgary landfills, visit Landfill Locations and hours.
No charges for these items
Residential customers can dispose of these items for no cost. Please note: If you bring garbage or other waste that has a disposal fee, you will be charged for the weight of the full load.
- Electronics (broken and end-of-life)
See what end-of-life electronics we accept.
- Household chemicals, motor oil, propane tanks and aerosol cans - Some household chemicals and waste can be brought to City landfills. See what hazardous waste materials we accept.
- Used clothing, shoes and textiles
We accept all forms of clothing, shoes, fabrics and textiles to be reused and recycled. See a full list of accepted textiles.
- Christmas trees
Christmas trees can be brought to any landfill during the Christmas Tree Composting Program.
Residential and commercial customers can dispose of tires at no cost:
We accept vehicle tires, including tires with rims. You may bring up to 12 tires per visit.
Charges apply for these items
You can throw away these items but charges apply.
For loads under 250 kg, the minimum charge is $25 per load. The rate for garbage (basic sanitary rate) is $113 per tonne (1000 kg).
For detailed fees, visit our Landfill Rates page.
- Couches and sofas
- Refrigerators, freezers, water softeners
- Dishwashers, washers, stoves, dryers
- Tables, chairs, cabinets, drawers
- Barbeques (BBQ), lawnmowers
- Yard waste
- Construction and demolition materials
- Paper and cardboard
Visit What Goes Where to see a full list of suggestions for how to donate, dispose of or recycle many household items.