The City of Calgary's Law section includes Legal Services, Risk Management & Claims and the Corporate Issues Management Program.Law services:
- Legal, and risk and claims management advice to the Mayor and Council, City Manager, General Managers, and business units to help protect The City's interests for all Calgarians.
- Legal expertise on real estate, planning and development, environmental, financial, intellectual property, assessment, tax, freedom of information, contract, municipal law, and legislative matters.
- Represent The City in lawsuits and quasi-judicial proceedings and conduct prosecutions.
- Investigate, adjust, collect and settle claims made by and against third parties.
- Purchase and administer insurance coverage for The City.
Law does not provide legal services to the public.
Members of the public who require legal services are requested to call:
- Lawyers listed in the telephone directory or yellow pages
- Lawyer Referral at 403-228-1722
- Legal Aid Alberta at 1-866-845-3425
- Calgary Legal Guidance at 403-234-9266
See also "I Got a Ticket. Now What?"