Lifeguard and Swim Instructor careers
Being a Swim Instructor at the City is required to become a Lifeguard. Looking for a fun job with flexible hours and great pay? We are looking for individuals who love the water and work with children at locations around Calgary.
What we offer
- Competitive wages and high earning potential
- Flexible hours (daytime, evenings and weekend hours available)
- A fun and friendly atmosphere
- Ongoing training to help you maintain your certifications
The Swim Instructor is responsible for teaching participants of all ages swimming and safety education. Swim Instructors evaluate students’ performance and maintain records of performance and attendance.
They also ensure compliance with safety procedures and deal with patrons' questions and concerns regarding swimming lessons.
Courses and certifications
Swim for Life Instructor and Lifesaving Instructor
Bronze Cross or National Lifeguard
Union: CUPE Local 37
Position Type: Temporary Part-Time
We regularly recruit instructors, with major seasonal hires taking place in January, March and September.
You will be required to provide the following:
- Applicant must be at least 15 years of age
- Current Swim for Life/Lifesaving Instructor course completion
- Current CPR Level C and Standard First Aid documentation
Our application and interview information can help prepare you for the application process.