TIPP - Cancel TIPP
If you cancel your property Tax Instalment Payment Plan (TIPP) participation, all unpaid taxes are due immediately and subject to non-payment penalties in accordance with the Penalty on Unpaid Taxes Bylaw 8M2002. To request the balance owing, contact Property Tax.
Written notification is required no later than the 22nd of the month prior to the next scheduled withdrawal to cancel your TIPP participation for any reason, including selling your property. This is to ensure your bank account is not debited for the next instalment. Cancellation requests received after the 22nd of the month will be processed after the upcoming withdrawal.
If you have missed the 22nd of the month deadline for cancellation, your bank account will be debited for the next instalment.
Note: If you are a condo owner with titled parking stall(s) or titled storage unit(s) on TIPP, be sure to include each account in your cancellation request.
On TIPP and considering cancelling due to the COVID-19 pandemic? Understand your options:
- Remain on TIPP and continue making TIPP instalments.
- No action is required for your payments to continue as scheduled. Your July 1 instalment will reflect any adjustment required to align with your 2020 property tax levy.
- Those who can continue their participation in the Tax Instalment Payment Plan (TIPP) will be not only be managing their property tax responsibility but will also be helping fund the essential City services Calgarians rely on.
- Cancel participation in TIPP and rejoin in 2020 with no filing fee.
- You will need to request and submit a new TIPP agreement along with your banking information as we are not able to use your previous TIPP agreement and banking information to restart you on the plan.
- We strongly recommend requesting your new agreement early even if you’d like to join the plan later this year. The agreement will show the initial payment amount required, helping you to plan for that payment and the submission of your completed agreement and initial payment by the deadline.
- You will specify the month you’d like to join the plan when you request your agreement; however, be aware if you restart your participation later than October 1 any unpaid 2020 tax balance as of October 1 will have a late payment penalty of 3.5% applied.
- Cancel TIPP and pay your 2020 property tax bill using one of the other payment options, by September 30 to avoid the October 1 late payment penalty of 3.5%. If you cannot pay your property tax bill in full on or before September 30 paying as much as possible will reduce your penalty amount.
Options that are not available
- Adjusting TIPP instalment amounts. Instalment amounts are based on your tax bill and the calendar year. We are not able to modify your monthly instalment to an amount different than the instalment set by the plan’s terms and conditions.
- Pausing TIPP instalments or participation. You have the option to cancel TIPP and rejoin but there is no option to pause TIPP instalments or participation.
Cancel TIPP using our secure online form:
Information needed to complete the form: your property 9 digit roll number found on all property tax documents. Can’t find your roll number? Contact Property Tax to request your roll number before completing the form.