COVID-19 Health and Safety – Youth Employment Centre
Stay home and away from others
- If you’re showing symptoms or feeling unwell
- If you have travelled outside of Canada in the past 14 days
- If you are a close contact of someone who has tested positive or are waiting for test results for COVID-19
Masks and face coverings
- Masks must be worn at all times when inside. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided to you by the career counsellor.
- You do not have to wear a mask if you meet any of the exemption criteria. Learn more about the Temporary Face Coverings Bylaw.
How we're keeping you safe
- No drop-in appointments or services available. The Youth Employment Centre is only open to those who have a scheduled appointment. If you want to schedule a face-to-face or remote appointment, please call 403-268-2490 or sign up online.
- Once someone arrives for their appointment, they are asked to call or text their employment counsellor and the counsellor will come and meet them.
- Providing an appointment system to manage occupancy numbers; you will not be able to enter the facility if you do not have an appointment
- Staff will sanitize meeting spaces after each appointment.
- Making sure our facilities align with provincial guidelines for Stage 2 reopening
- Cleaning and disinfecting high touch areas (e.g. doors, counters, railings)
- Providing access to hand sanitizer and hand wash stations
- Having staff maintain physical distancing and wear face coverings when possible
How you can keep safe
- Only the youth meeting with an employment counsellor is allowed in the office space. No parents, caregivers, or friends can attend meetings, and must wait outside the Alberta Trade Centre.·
- Maintain social distancing when possible
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth and face
- Cover coughs and sneezes in a tissue or your elbow
- Carry and use your own hand sanitizer
- Arrive no more than 15 minutes before your appointment time
- Don’t gather or loiter in parking areas or public areas before, during or after your appointment time