Cross-country skiing and snowshoeing
Groomed cross-country ski trails
Cross-country areas maintained by City of Calgary Parks and ski clubs and are trackset by a machine for easier skiing.
Tracksetting is seasonal and starts when there is sufficient snow and ends when temperatures are too warm to keep snow where it is needed for the track.
Hours of operation are park hours: 5 a.m. - 11 p.m.
Confederation Golf Course
Lakeview Golf Course
Maple Ridge Golf Course
North Glenmore Park
Shaganappi Point Golf Course
South Glenmore Park
Rules of use:
- Do not remove or go under roped or barricaded areas.
- Follow all signs while on site.
- Yield to grooming equipment.
- Maintain physical distancing at all times (2 metres).
- Foot traffic and snowshoeing - stay to the outside of the lane opposite the classic tracks.
- Dogs are not allowed on golf courses. In other parks they must be on a leash at all times.
- All City cross-country ski areas are free to use.
- Parking lot access varies by location. Maple Ridge Golf Course has street parking only (parking lot closed).
- Golf course clubhouses closed during winter.
- No concessions on site.
- Not all ski areas have washrooms on site. Check above.
- We ask that only skiers use the ski trails. Snow shoeing and dog walkers generally trample down the track. We ask that walkers use pathways.
Ungroomed cross-country ski areas
Ungroomed cross-country ski areas are open to the public but do not recieve tracksetting.
Parks and schoolyards offer cross-country skiing and snowshoeing opportunities, but unless it's immediately after a snowfall, skiable areas can be rough due to competing uses such as pedestrians, dog walkers and cyclists.
Popular ungroomed areas include: