Book an Athletic Park Diamond, Field, Track or the Velodrome
Athletic parks are available to book for football, baseball, softball, soccer, field hockey, field lacrosse, track, ultimate Frisbee, sports tournaments and special events. An outdoor cycling track is also available to book at Glenmore Athletic Park.
Step 1. Browse Athletic Park Availability
- Check calgary.ca/liveandplay for facility availability.
- Check the Athletic Park Open/Close schedule.
Step 2. Review Policies and Regulations
Review the information on the athletic park policies page.
Step 3. Check Booking Timelines and Rental Rates
Athletic park applications can take up to a maximum of seven business days to process after public day has occurred. Responses for special event/tournament and renewal applications will not be received prior to timelines indicated below.
Note: Timelines will be updated annually by Oct 31 for the following season.
Greater Calgary Amateur Football Association (GCAFA) - SHOULDICE ARTIFICIAL TURF FIELDS ONLY
|undefined: Dec. 2 - 9, 2019||undefined: Renewal permits processed|
|undefined: Dec. 10 - 11, 2019||undefined: Renewal permits and infoview spreadsheets emailed|
|undefined: Feb. 3, 2020||undefined: Renewal permit amendments due (without fee)|
RENEWAL Special Events, Tournaments and Track Meets 2020
|undefined: Dec. 10 - 16, 2019||undefined: Renewal tentative permit information emailed|
|undefined: Jan. 21, 2020||undefined: Confirmation deadline, firmed permits emailed to renewal event groups|
|undefined: Jan. 28, 2020||undefined: Renewal 25% deposits due|
NEW/CHANGED Special Events, Tournaments and Track Meets 2020
|undefined: Dec. 1, 2019||undefined: Special event/tournament/track meet applications due|
|Varies||Firmed permits emailed to groups as approved by site staff|
|Varies||25% deposits due 7 days after firmed permit set to customer|
Diamond, Track, Velodrome, Rectangular Field - REGULAR SEASON RENEWALS/ROLLOVERS
|undefined: Dec. 16, 2019 - Feb. 3, 2020||undefined: Renewal permits processed|
|undefined: Feb. 3, 2020||undefined: Renewal permits emailed|
|undefined: Mar. 2, 2020||undefined: Renewal permit amendments due (without fee)|
|undefined: Mar. 5, 2020||undefined: Athletic Parks public day|
See open/close schedule in step 1
|undefined: Apr. 1, 2020||undefined: Shouldice artifical turf and Calgary Soccer Centre tentative opening day for the season|
|undefined: Apr. 13, 2020||undefined: Diamonds, tracks and velodrome open for the season|
|undefined: May 2, 2020||undefined: Rectangular fields open for the season|
|undefined: Oct. 25, 2020||undefined: Athletic parks close (except Shouldice artificial turf) for the season|
|undefined: Dec. 2, 2020||undefined: Artificial turf fields off season begins|
Prior to April 1, 2019 and after December 1, 2019 artificial turf fields require approval to book.
See the Athletic Parks Rates and Descriptions
Step 4. Submit an Athletic Field Application
- Five or less standard bookings can be booked by contacting Facility Bookings or by completing the athletic park application form. Please note that during the peak season, if your first booking is within 7 days it is best to call in your short notice requests to ensure that you have them secured.
- More than five standard bookings – must be submitted on an athletic park application form.
- To book a day camp, marching band practice/competition, track meet, tournament or special event you must complete the online athletic park special event and tournament application form.
- For more information contact Facility Bookings.