Book a Rugby Field
Rugby field uses
Our fields can be reserved for a number of uses. Some examples are:
- Flag football
- Touch football
- Australian football
- Gaelic football
- Bubble soccer
- Field hockey
- Bocce ball
- Grass volleyball
- Ultimate frisbee
- Modified biathlon
- Cross country races
- Day camps
- Birthday parties
- Movie in the park
Rugby field quality
Rugby fields are ranked by class (B-E), based on quality of amenities, level of maintenance and booking rates.
B-class fields are quality fields found in most City athletic parks. They may have staff and/or amenities such as seating, lights, change rooms, washrooms (some portable) and concessions.
Field Maintenance: Regular grass cutting. Corner soccer flags supplied.
- Foothills Athletic Park 2424 University Drive N.W.
- Forest Lawn Athletic Park 4808 14 Avenue S.E.
- Frank McCool Athletic Park 1900 Lake Bonavista Dr. S.E.
- Glenmore Athletic Park 5300 19 Street S.W.
- New Brighton Athletic Park 5801 130 Avenue S.E.
- Optimist Athletic Park 5020 26 Ave S.W.
- Renfrew Athletic Park 814 13 Ave N.E.
- Shouldice Athletic Park 1515 Home Road N.W.
- Tom Brook Athletic Park 2000 Southland Drive S.W.
D-class fields are found in most parks and are normally located near Community Associations or open spaces. They are unstaffed with no amenities.
Field Maintenance: By Calgary Parks. Mowing is sporadic. Surface may not be level.
Field tag numbers are found at the site either on the soccer posts or ball diamond back stop. If the first number is ‘1’ the field is a D-class facility (example: S1TUS02).
E-class fields are found on school properties. They are unstaffed with no amenities.
Field Maintenance: By the school boards (limited management).
Field tag numbers are found at the site either on the soccer posts or ball diamond back stop. If the first number is a ‘5’ or ‘6’ it is an E-class facility (example: B5MON03).