Alert | State of Local Emergency in Effect

City declares State of Local Emergency. Water restrictions and Fire ban in place. Our water is safe to drink.

Water Saving Tips, FAQs, more information

Providing your new information allows us to make adjustments to any Business Improvement Area (BIA) tax levy for the current year.

Visit myBusiness when making the following changes to your business.

Moving a business

When moving a business, provide:

  • new location address
  • date of relocation
  • contact name
  • telephone number

Closing or selling a business

​​When closing or selling a business, provide:

  • forwarding address
  • effective date
  • contact name
  • telephone number

Providing your forwarding address allows us to send you an adjusted tax notice. If your adjusted BIA tax results in a credit balance contact Tax to request a refund. Any unpaid taxes remaining after adjustment are due and subject to penalties​. To request the balance owing, contact Tax.

If you are paying your BIA tax by Business Tax Instalment Payment Plan (BTIPP), ensure you cancel your BTIPP participation - see BTIPP - Move, Close or Sell a Business.

Changing the business mailing address

When changing the business mailing address for BIA tax bills, provide:

  • new mailing address
  • effective date
  • contact name
  • telephone number

Changing trade names or business ownership name

Provide all supporting Corporate Registry documents. Visit myBusiness.​​​​

We do regular research with businesses to better understand the outlook and viewpoint of the business community. If you are a business owner, leader or manager, join our online business research panel, Business Perspectives.