Land Use Bylaw maps
The City of Calgary regulatory flood map shows the floodway, flood fringe and overland flow zones of the Bow and Elbow Rivers and Nose and West Nose Creeks.
For more information on flood mapping and alternative mapping formats, please visit our Flood Story Map.
Land Use Maps
The Land Use Bylaw 1P2007 provides a completely new array of land use districts. Therefore, all parcels of land in The City were redesignated when the new Bylaw came into effect June 1, 2008. To accomplish this, the existing land use for every property had to be reviewed and analyzed to determine the most appropriate new land use district designation for it.
The land use analysis and district transition process followed several guiding principles to ensure an equitable and consistent approach. As a general principle, the existing land use designation of a site was changed to the closest matching land use district in the new Land Use Bylaw.
Principles of the Transitioning Process
- To facilitate the goals of the Land Use Bylaw and the purposes of the districts
- To be consistent with existing policy, such as area structure plans, area redevelopment plans or other approved community planning policies
- To facilitate clarity and legibility, so that land use maps are more representative of the development that is on, or allowed on, a parcel
- To be consistent and equitable
- To maintain a parcel's development potential, to the extent possible, recognizing the new Land Use Bylaw will include adjustments to processes and standards
- Where possible to replace existing Direct Control districts with a new districts from the Proposed Land Use Bylaw, where the new districts closely match the regulations of the Direct Control Bylaw.
The Land Use (Zoning) Maps on this site show how the new districts in Land Use Bylaw 1P2007 have been applied to land in The City. They are provided for reference purposes only so please carefully read the disclaimer located at the bottom of the page.
To search for a specific address, please visit the Development Map. After entering an address, note the old and the new land use district. Follow the link to see the rationale that explains the change.
Should you require further information, please call 311.
Land Use Bylaw 1P2007 maps
This map forms part of the Land Use Bylaw 1P2007.
The Land Use Bylaw and the map have been adopted by Council and became effective on June 1, 2008. The City of Calgary provides this information in good faith but it provides no warranty, nor accepts any liability arising from any incorrect, incomplete or misleading information or its improper use. This information may be updated on a daily basis as changes occur.
Land Use Bylaw 2P80 maps (archived)
This map forms part of the Calgary Land Use Bylaw 2P80 as indicated in Section 6 of the bylaw.
Land Use Districts are subject to amendment by bylaw of City Council and the maps are updated as soon as possible following Council's decision. The City of Calgary provides this information in good faith but it provides no warranty, nor accepts any liability arising from any incorrect, incomplete or misleading information or its improper use. This information may be updated on a daily basis as changes occur.