Parks under construction
The City is committed to maintaining the vitality of its parks and natural areas. This involves routinely upgrading established parks, pathways, playgrounds and natural areas as well as creating new parks to ensure their longevity and sustainability, and the safety of park users and the wildlife. See our park development guidelines for more information.
Parks currently under construction
The following Calgary parks are currently undergoing upgrades and/or redevelopment:
- Blakiston Park
- Bowmont Park - project updates
- Bowness Park - part of the ENMAX Parks Program
- Century Gardens - early stages of redevelopment
- Clearwater Park
- Evamy Ridge Park - completed January 2021
- Jack Long Park - redevelopment
- Laycock Park - restoration project
- Mills Park
- Nose Hill Park trail and pathway improvement
- Nose Hill Park 14th Street N.W. parking lot improvements
- Prairie Winds Park
Using our pathways? The City also provides up-to-date information on pathway closures and pathway construction work around Calgary.
About park projects
Want to know more about what we do?