Access code information
An access code is a secure code associated with a specific property. Each property has a unique access code. You will need the property roll number and its associated access code to view detailed assessment information by logging into Assessment Search.
Your confidential access code is found on the front of your mailed, paper copy of the annual assessment notice. If you lose your assessment notice that has your access code, you can request a copy of your access code by completing this online form and we will email it to you within 3-4 business days. Assessment notices accessed online in Assessment Search will not show an access code, instead displaying “xxxxxx”. An access code is not required on the assessment notice if you can already view it online, and you do not need to request a new one as your account is already set up.
Once you have linked your myID account with your assessment information using your roll number/business identifier and access code, you do not have to repeat this process again unless there is a change in ownership. For example, even if you receive a supplementary assessment during the year, the access code will be the same as what was on your annual assessment notice.
If there are multiple owners for a given property, the assessment notice with the access code will be mailed to the address we have on file for the business or property. Each myID account can have unlimited properties/businesses linked.
- Property tax bill information can be attained by contacting 311 or by visiting Property Tax
- If your property assessment notice was sent to the wrong address, please contact Alberta Land Titles at 403-297-6511 to get a form to update your address.
Assessment Search is The City’s online assessment resource. It can be accessed once you have a City myID account. It is worth accessing as you will be able to do the following:
- Review the assessed value of any property in Calgary.
- Conveniently review your property details, including area, renovations and influences.
- Search for comparable properties and sales in your area.
- Research properties and their assessed values using the map feature.
- Review real estate market trends for your property type.
- Authorize an agent representative to act on your behalf.
Please note: Property Tax information is not available on Assessment Search. Tax specific information is available by contacting 311 or visiting Property Tax.
Step-by-step instructions on how to set up your myID account, check your property details, review sales, authorize and agent, and more are available in the Assessment Search How-to guide for property owners.