Traffic Management Centre TMC
The City's Traffic Management Centre (TMC) monitors, responds and presents real-time information to motorists using:
- Traffic cameras to monitor traffic flow, road conditions and traffic obstructions.
- Traffic systems to monitor and control the operation of traffic signals.
- A website map that shows road closures, road works and other activities impeding traffic flow.
- A FM radio station delivering current traffic information.
- Dynamic road signs to inform motorists of traffic problems.
- Travel time Technology
- Lane reversals.
- High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lanes
This combination of technologies gathers real-time traffic information and uses that information to revise traffic signal operation where appropriate and keep motorists advised of abnormal traffic conditions, congestion, lane closures and construction delays.
Latest traffic news
April 27, 2021
Want to avoid traffic and stay safe on our roads? There’s an app for that.
When it comes to travelling our city’s roadways, no one likes surprises. Accidents, vehicle breakdowns, weather, and other unexpected events can disrupt traffic, adding time to our journey.
While not all traffic is avoidable, some of it is. Real-time information about Calgary’s road conditions is readily available, and motorists can use it to plan the best and safest route.
The City of Calgary’s Traffic Management Centre and Waze
Traffic report and road closures
Details on road construction, road closures, detours, accidents and incidents that may affect your commute.
Traffic monitoring cameras
View up-to-the-minute traffic camera images of current road conditions on major routes as well as other key intersections.