Traffic Management Centre TMC
The City's Traffic Management Centre (TMC) monitors, responds and presents real-time information to motorists using:
- Traffic cameras to monitor traffic flow, road conditions and traffic obstructions.
- Traffic systems to monitor and control the operation of traffic signals.
- A website map that shows road closures, road works and other activities impeding traffic flow.
- A FM radio station delivering current traffic information.
- Dynamic road signs to inform motorists of traffic problems.
- Travel time Technology
- Lane reversals.
- High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lanes
This combination of technologies gathers real-time traffic information and uses that information to revise traffic signal operation where appropriate and keep motorists advised of abnormal traffic conditions, congestion, lane closures and construction delays.
Traffic report and road closures
Details on road construction, road closures, detours, accidents and incidents that may affect your commute.
Traffic monitoring cameras
View up-to-the-minute traffic camera images of current road conditions on major routes as well as other key intersections.