Alert | State of Local Emergency in Effect

City declares State of Local Emergency. Water restrictions and Fire ban in place. Our water is safe to drink.

Water Saving Tips, FAQs, more information

Customers that draw water from public bulk water stations need to apply for an account allowing them to obtain water from that source.

How do I apply for a bulk water account?


  • A person with signing authority for the account holder contract.
  • $25 for every access card issued. You will be required to have an access card for each vehicle that will use the bulk water service.
  • A refundable security deposit may also be required at the time of application.
  • To modify your vehicle/tank to fit an Approved Air Gap (AAG) to prevent contamination of the public water supply.

Complete the 311 Bulk Water Application:

Vehicle requirements for bulk water service

Hose requirements

Customers must provide their own fill hose to accommodate the size of adaptor they have on their tank (50mm/2” or 80mm/3”).

Please note: Only the fire stations can accommodate the 50mm (2”) hose. All stations can accommodate the 80mm (3”) hose.

The hose must be capable of withstanding 80 psi of pressure.

Your fill hose should have at least one female coupler end to connect to the male cam-lock adaptor at each station.

Ensure the length of your hose can reach from your vehicle to the cam-lock adaptor.

Vehicle and hose example

Please note: Failure to maintain the inspected air gap on the bulk water vehicle will result in prosecution under the Water Utility Bylaw and the cancellation of bulk water access card privileges.

Adapter requirements

Male cam-lock adapter
(50 mm or 80 mm)

To be provided by the City of Calgary

Female cam-lock adapter
(50 mm or 80 mm)

To be provided by bulk water customer

Related links