Information | Scheduled system upgrade - May long weekend

Due to a scheduled system upgrade, some applications and documents on may not be available from 5 p.m. Friday, May 17 until 8 a.m. Tuesday, May 21. We apologize for any inconvenience.

The City of Calgary contracts ENMAX to provide billing and customer care for municipal services including the following:

How to set up a new utility account

To set up a new utility account, please contact ENMAX Contact Center at 310-2010.

  • If you are calling from outside of Alberta, please call ENMAX’s toll-free number: 1-877-571-7111.
  • Existing ENMAX customers can visit ENMAX Customer Care Online.

How water accounts work

Water Meters

New accounts are set up with a water meter. Accounts being moved from one address to another will be set up with a water meter even if the previous account was on a flat rate.

If you do not have a water meter you may be required to have one installed. Both the water meter and installation are free of charge.


Residential customers who have not had an account with The City of Calgary for 12 months or whose payment record is not satisfactory may be required to provide a deposit.

Commercial customers who have not had an account for 24 months or more may be required to provide a deposit.

Account access

Only the person whose name is on the account can make account changes and inquiries. No changes can be made on behalf of another person or business.

You may add someone (i.e., a roommate, a spouse, business partner, etc.) to your account. Once the name is on the account that person may make inquiries.

It is beneficial if the person you add to your account is also the person you would like to have listed as an alternate contact, to be contacted if an urgent situation or emergency should occur.

Application fee

All new accounts will be subject to a $10.00 application fee.


Accounts are billed on a monthly basis and statement can be received by mail or email. Customers are responsible for:

  • Providing and maintaining current and accurate information with ENMAX
  • Paying any amounts due, even if a statement has not been received
  • Reviewing the account and bill for accuracy

I have not received a bill or have lost my bill
If you have not received your monthly bill, please visit ENMAX or call 310-2010 as soon as possible to avoid late payment fees.

Please note: Failure to receive or loss of the utility statement cannot be accepted as a valid reason for non-payment or for exemption from late payment penalties.​


Visit ENMAX, or call 310-2010 within 45 days of your new move date to review your account and ensure your services have been set-up properly and ensure you are being billed correctly.