Boards, Commissions and Committees
Applications now being accepted for vacancies
The City of Calgary is currently looking for interested Calgarians to apply to volunteer on many of our Boards, Commissions and Committees. These rewarding opportunities allow Calgarians to actively engage in the municipal decision-making process by providing guidance to City Council. The majority of positions are non-paid, while some offer an honorarium. The City of Calgary supports diverse representation on BCCs and encourage all qualified citizens to apply.
Deadline for receipt of applications is Thursday September 23rd at 4:00 p.m.
BCCs with vacancies in 2021:
- Advisory Committee on Accessibility
- Anti-Racism Action Committee
- Assessment Review Board
- Audit Committee
- BiodiverCity Advisory Committee
- Calgary Aboriginal Urban Affairs Committee
- Calgary General Hospital Legacy Fund Review Committee
- Calgary Planning Commission
- Calgary Police Commission
- Calgary Technologies Inc. (operating as Platform Calgary)
- Calgary Transit Access Eligibility Appeal Board
- Calgary Transit Public Safety Citizen Oversight Committee
- Combative Sports Commission
- Licence and Community Standards Appeal Board
- Saddledome Foundation
- Social Wellbeing Advisory Committee
- Subdivision and Development Appeal Board
- Urban Design Review Panel
For more information on commitments and responsibilities for board members, visit the Frequently Asked Questions page.
About our Boards, Commissions and Committees
The Boards, Commissions and Committees (BCCs) provide City Council with perspective and recommendations regarding important civic issues. They also play an integral role in bringing together citizens and The City to achieve the common goal of strengthening the community. The BCCs can be composed solely of citizens or members of Council, while other are made up of a combination of citizens and members of Council.
By serving on a BCC, Calgarians actively participate in the municipal decision-making process by providing advice to City Council. The majority of positions are non-paid, while some offer an honorarium. The City of Calgary encourages citizens interested in volunteering their time and expertise in service to their city to apply during the next annual recruitment campaign.
To learn more on when and how to apply, review the frequently asked questions.
View the List of Boards, Commissions and Committees for mandates, composition and membership information.
If you have any questions regarding Boards, Commissions and Committees:
Email BCC Administration
Office hours: Monday to Friday (except statutory holidays), 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.