Council and Committee meeting support
Check this web page regularly for updated information regarding eScribe and eVote functionality and processes that will impact you in Committee meetings and Council Chambers.
On October 7th, 2020 a new eVoting function in eScribe will be implemented for Council and Committee meetings.
This new eVoting system will let you easily submit your vote electronically. It will increase transparency and accessibility of voting records of Council and Committees and provide greater access to council vote records.
Efficiencies will be gained by maximizing existing technology (eScribe), such as meeting will move at a quicker pace and streamline processes for Council and Committee meetings.
Beginning in late September 2020 training will be available for Council and citizen committee members via Training Videos, below. Once you have viewed the Training Videos, Q & A sessions will be available to assist with any questions or concerns.
Tuesday, September 22 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Wednesday, September 23 1:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
It is highly recommended to complete this training prior to October Council and Committee meetings to ensure that everyone can use eVote. Be sure to check the Resources tab below for videos on how to use the eVote functionality within eSCRIBE.
Please review the online training videos. If you feel like you need the time to ask questions, please attend the Q&A session. If you cannot participate in the Q&A session, please contact your Committee Administrator so we can ensure you receive support on eVote.
Q&A sessions will be offered in September & October to address any questions or concerns users may have with the new eVote functionality and processes. Q & A sessions invites will be emailed, please accept the invite should you have additional questions.
Tuesday September 29 at 10:00 - 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Wednesday, October 28 at 10:00 - 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Learn how to vote in eScribe using a web browser or the Meeting Pro app with these instructional videos.
How to vote in eScribe using a web browser
How to vote in eScribe using the Meeting Pro app (Council Members only)
eSCRIBE Participant Portal Overview
How to login to eSCRIBE meeting site
Login should occur 15 minutes before the meeting so issues can be resolved prior to meeting start.
eScribe can be used from outside the City of Calgary network.
If you are unable to access the eScribe application before a Council meeting you can:
- Download the PDF version of the agenda to your device. The agenda is available at https://www.calgary.ca/agendaminutes - scroll down to the list of meetings
- If there are technical issues preventing you from submitting your vote electronically, a member of City Clerks will be able to register the vote for you manually.
- If you are experiencing technical difficulties both on or offsite contact the City Clerk mailbox at CouncilClerk@calgary.ca or CommitteeClerk@calgary.ca
Citizen member access to eScribe
- Go to the browser on your device, Safari on IPAD & Microsoft Edge Chromium on Windows.
- In the address bar enter: https://myapps.microsoft.com/calgary.ca and login using your eScribe credentials
- Follow instructions to Authenticate.
- You will be directed to the Azure portal, where you select the eScribe icon and you will be directed to the eScribe application.
Internet Explorer is not compatible with eVote or eScribe web portal. Change your default browser in Windows 10 to use a compatible browser:
- Select the Start button, and then type Default apps.
- In the search results, select Default apps.
- Under Web browser, select the browser currently listed, and then select Microsoft Edge, Chrome, or another browser.
Please use one of the following browsers as your default:
- Windows devices: Chrome, Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Apple devices (iPads): Safari
Note: Internet Explorer 11 will not be supported by eScribe as of August 2020. Please do not use this browser to access eScribe on a Windows device.
- Do not use a Smart Phone for Council Meetings as the format does not function properly for eScribe eVote (electronic voting).
- Clear the browser cache on your device before the Council meeting starts.
- Annotations can be created by City Council Members via the Windows APP or IPAD APP.
- Annotations will not carry forward from one device to another (E.g. iPad APP to Surface APP)
- Annotations are not available for Citizen Council Members at this time.
Support / contact
If you are having challenges with eScribe or eVote, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org for help.