City of Calgary Archives
The City of Calgary Archives was created in 1981 to safeguard and make available Calgary’s municipal government records and city information.
At The City of Calgary Archives, historical records and information can be found relating to the following:
- records created by The City of Calgary and City Council activities,
- Property assessments,
- Transportation, and
- Calgary events such as the XV Olympic Winter Games.
Everyone is welcome to research the records held at the archives.
1. The Christmas Bus, The City of Calgary, Alberta, 1962. Robert Brown Collection. CalA 95-025-003
2. Three Electric System employees decorating a Christmas tree. 1960. Calgary Electric System fonds. CalA 910722016
3. Tom Baines and “Rudolph” the deer. 1958. Calgary Zoological Society fonds. CalA 95-022-005
4. Electric crew setting up the Christmas tree in Central Memorial Park. Ca. 1915. City of Calgary Electric System fonds. CalA 910604039
Search our records before you visit.
Accessing The City of Calgary Archives
What you need to know before visiting or using the Archives collections.
Learn about Calgary's history through our exhibits.
A timeline of achievements and events.
Archives has outreach activities.
Contact Archives for assistance.