Private swimming lessons
Benefits of private lessons
- One-on-one instruction
- Targeted training to address unique needs
- Train to meet specific goals
- Address weak areas before returing to group classes
- Gain confidence
Types of private lessons
You can register online, in person at our Recreation facilities, or by calling
403-268-3800 (option 1).
Fall registration for swimming lessons is now open.
Swim - Private Lesson
A customized swim program designed to focus on specific goals and for individuals who require additional support. Semi-private lessons are available for participants that are roughly the same swim ability or in the same household.
Age: 3 years old or under + adult
About our swim instructors
Our instructors have Bronze Cross or higher certification. They are qualified to teach and evaluate Swim for Life programs, Canadian Swim Patrol, Bronze Star, Bronze Medallion and Bronze Cross.
What are lessons like?
Instructors assess your abilities and design a custom training program to address your specific needs or goals.
Participants must wear swim wear and bring a towel. Swim goggles are optional. All other required equipment and lifejackets are provided. Lifeguard on duty on pool deck.
The City of Calgary Recreation is committed to providing an aquatic environment where individuals from all ethnic and religious backgrounds are comfortable participating in activities in and around the water. We want all customers to feel safe and welcome at our facilities, and have therefore adopted a non-traditional bathing wear policy as outlined below.
In addition to conventional swim wear, participants may wear:
- Long-sleeved pants and shirts, tee-shirts and shorts with undergarments or a swim suit worn underneath.
- Traditional ethnic clothing (e.g. saris and hijabs) with a swim suit or undergarments worn underneath. For safety reasons, patrons wearing traditional garments such as saris are asked to remain in the shallow end of the pool and to refrain from using the dive tank.
In order to ensure that our aquatic environments are safe and free from any external contaminants, all participants are required to:
- Wear clothing that is different from the clothing worn to the facility
- Take a complete and cleansing shower (while clothed in the swim attire that will be worn in the water) before entering the pool
Through this policy, Recreation affirms its commitment to recognizing and valuing the diversity of our customers.