Frequent Player Card
Frequent Player Cards
Frequent Player Cards a are an ideal option for those who golf more than 35 rounds per year and want the flexibility to play unlimited games at reduced rates on a variety of courses.
In 2023, there will be 800 cards are available:
- 400 Regular Frequent Player Cards will be available - $249.00 (including GST)
- 400 Senior Frequent Player Cards will be available - $199.00 (including GST)
Due to high demand for Frequent Player Cards, we will be doing a random selection process to allow all golfers interested in purchasing a Card equitable opportunity to do so. Entering your name in the random selection does not guarantee that a Frequent Player Card will be available for purchase. Selection is dependent on the number of golfers entered.
How to enter the random selection process
To register in the random selection you must have BOTH a Live and Play account AND a Golf account/profile on the City online golf reservation system (where the golf frequent player card will be loaded for you to use).
- Registration is limited to one entry per person. Only 1 registration per person will be accepted.
- If multiple registrations have been entered (whether in one or multiple age categories) all entries will be disqualified from the random selection.
- To be included in the random selection, you must have a Live and Play account profile that includes a phone number, date of birth, and valid email address.
- Once registration closes March 3, all communication and processing of the Frequent Player card will be done through the online golf reservation system.
- Your golf account must be in place with up-to-date contact information before 4:00 PM March 3.
- Golfers are permitted one account in the golf database.
- If an account cannot be verified, your entry(s) will be disqualified from the random selection.
- If you are a new user, you must create an account. Review important information on the How To Book a Tee Time webpage of Calgary.ca/golf
- Note: Employees accepting random selection registration over the phone cannot create or update your golf account.
- If you need assistance with your golf account email email@example.com
- To be eligible for entry into the random selection for the Senior Frequent Play Card, golfers must be 65 years+ on or before April 1, 2023.
- If selected, a maximum of one Frequent Player Card per person will be available for purchase.
- A Frequent Player Card is non-transferable and will only be issued to the person whose name appears on the random selection list. Valid picture ID will be required at pick up.
Before registering, please review the full Frequent Player Card information including: eligibility, registration, important dates during the random selection process, payment, card pick up, and conditions of use, etc.
Registration for Frequent Player Cards opens at 8:30 a.m. February 14, 2023, and closes at 4 p.m. Friday, March 3, 2023.
Register online anytime through Calgary Recreation Registered Programs, or by phone (403) 268-3800 press 1. Over the phone registration is available Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. only.
Golf – Regular – Frequent Player Card Random Selection Course ID TBD
Golf – Senior – Frequent Player Card Random Selection Course ID TBD
These courses will be available for viewing at or before 8:30 a.m. February 14.
Following the close of registration, a computer-generated random selection list will be made from all golfers entered. Late entries will not be accepted.
- The list will be numbered and only the numbers will be visible during the selection process.
- The first 400 golfers on the randomly selected list for each age category will be notified by email on March 14, 2023, and will be given the first opportunity to purchase a Frequent Player Card. Please confirm the contact information on your golf account is accurate and check your junk mail. The email will be sent by City of Calgary Golf <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Golfers who were not selected will receive an email notification by March 15, 2023. This email will come from TBD
- If more than 400 names are entered into either age category Random Selection, all remaining entries will be placed on a second random selection list for each category. This random selection list will only be sorted if there are remaining cards available. Golfers successful on that list will be contacted via email mid-April.
- Only golfers registered in the random selection between February 14 – March 3 will be eligible for the random selection for any remaining cards. Late entries will not be accepted. There is no further waitlist.
- Golfers on this list will only be contacted if a card becomes available to them.
Details on payment and pickup dates for successful frequent players will be posted prior to March 3, 2023.
Reminder: Review Frequent Player Card information including green fee rates and conditions.
Frequent Player Card FAQs
As part of the Golf Sustainability Framework, the Frequent Player Card was introduced in 2015 as part of the revised golf course fee structure. The Frequent Player Card is an ideal option for avid golfers who want the flexibility of being able to play unlimited games at a variety of our courses.
The Frequent Player Card is currently priced at $249 (regular rate) and $199 (senior rate). This year, 400 regular and 400 senior cards will be available. With the purchase of a card the golfer is then eligible for reduced green fee rates for each game they play.
To optimize the value of a card a Frequent Player would ideally need to play more than 35 rounds per year.
To be eligible for the Senior Frequent Play Card, you must be 65 years+ on or before April 1, 2023. Your date of birth must be included on your Live and Play account to register for a Senior Frequent Player Card.
No, you cannot register in both categories. Seniors 65 years+ are eligible to enter in either the Regular or Senior Frequent Player Card selection process. Only 1 registration per person will be accepted. There will not be an opportunity to switch or choose between the Regular and Senior Frequent Player age categories once registration closes. If a Senior registers in both age categories, registration in both categories will be disqualified.
For municipal courses, the provision of discounts needs to balance demand, a fixed number of tee times and locations with the requirement for golf to be 100 per cent cost recovered (i.e. user pay). A limit to the number of cards is also needed to ensure sufficient tee time availability for other golfers including green fee players and other players taking advantage of other discount options.
Additional discount options will be available including the Easy Golf card and ad-hoc special promotions subject to demand and tee time availability. This information will be posted online throughout the golf season at calgary.ca/golf.
Easy Golf is a convenient way to save up to 20% on regular green fees and is a great option for those who play 10+ games per season. Cards cost $350 and give you a discount on green fees 7 days a week at Confederation Park, Maple Ridge, McCall Lake 18 and Shaganappi 18. Find out more about Easy Golf.
In addition, ad-hoc specials and discounts will be available throughout the season and through our golf app (ensure notifications are turned on). Please download our golf app and subscribe to our golf e-newsletter for information on more discount opportunities.
2023 Frequent Player Cards
Registration opens 8:30 a.m. February 14, 2023, and closes at 4 p.m. Friday, March 3, 2023.
Register online anytime through Calgary Recreation Registered Programs, or phone 403-268-3800 (press 1) Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.