Caution | Outdoor water restrictions in effect

Stage 3 outdoor water restrictions are in effect. Learn more about how City services are impacted and what you can do during this stage.

Learn more

Note: Our program opens on June 1 and applications must be submitted by Dec. 31, 2024. Due to the large volume of referrals, applications will be processed in 4-6 weeks.

If you are a residential property owner experiencing financial hardship, regardless of age, you may be eligible for a credit/grant of the increase on your property tax account.

To be eligible for this program you must:

  • Meet the residency and income guidelines of the Fair Entry Program.
  • Own your own home and reside in your home.
  • Own the property for a minimum of one year from date of purchase.
  • Own no other City of Calgary residential property.
  • Have experienced an increase in property tax from the previous year.

Apply for property tax assistance

Apply now, through Fair Entry, and your one application can also get you access to additional subsidized programs and services. Even if you are not eligible for the Property Tax Assistance Program we may be able to help you access other resources. For more information about our programs call 311.

Please note: Applying for this program does not alter your property tax obligation. The 2024 property tax bill due date is June 28. 

For more information about our programs visit, property tax, or Tax Instalment Payment Plan (TIPP), call 311 or 403-268-CITY (2489) if calling from outside Calgary.

All information submitted for property tax assistance is handled in a confidential manner. Personal information is collected in accordance with Section 33(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP).

Alberta Seniors Property Tax Deferral Program

The Alberta government also offers a Seniors Property Tax Deferral Program. This program allows eligible senior homeowners to voluntarily defer all or part of their residential property tax, including the education tax portion. This is done through a low-interest home equity loan with the Government of Alberta.​​​​​​​