Current City affordable housing developments
To meet the ongoing need for affordable housing in Calgary, we have an ambitious and innovative approach to building new units.
Affordable housing sites are chosen based on specific criteria including proximity to amenities such as transit, and grocery stores. Our developments are informed by research on tenant preferences, innovative industry practices and extensive consultation with community stakeholders and citizens to ensure the developments are well integrated into existing neighbourhoods.
Once construction is complete, Calgary Housing Company (CHC) manages City affordable housing developments and works with residents and the community to create and maintain safe, secure and well-managed properties. CHC has been a housing provider for 40 years and manages over 10,000 affordable housing units with more than 25,000 tenants and provides a variety of mixed income housing options.
For more information about who affordable housing helps serve, visit our FAQ and resource page.
Proposed affordable housing developments (not yet approved)
- 16 affordable homes are proposed.
- The development of a community space is proposed.
- 40 to 60 townhome units are proposed.
- 48 affordable housing units are proposed.
- Surface parking is proposed.
- Plans call for a mix of one, two and three bedroom homes.
- 196 affordable housing units are proposed.
- Plans for 3-4 storey apartment complex.
- Redevelopment of an older affordable housing complex with new, modern housing.
City-owned affordable housing developments underway or recently completed
- 16-households on eight City properties adjacent to 16 Ave NW.
- Three, 3-storey stacked townhomes comprised of 48-households.
- Constructed to Built Green Silver with sustainability features that reduce energy consumption and operational costs over the lifespan of the building.
- mixed-use development with affordable and mixed-market housing.
- An award-winning mixed use redevelopment project.
- Mixed market housing comprising a minimum of 26 affordable households.
- 32-households in two buildings, stacked townhomes.
- 24-households in two buildings, stacked townhomes.
- 16-household, multi-residential development.
- Certified Silver by Built Green Canada.