Stormwater Management Reports
- Stormwater Management & Design Manual
- Stormwater Management Facilities (SWMFs) and Miscellaneous Items
- Stormwater Management & Design Manual Key Changes in 2011
- Stormwater Source Control Practices handbook
- Water Balance Spreadsheet
- Water Balance Spreadsheet Manual
- Stormwater Management Report Template
- Stormwater Management Report Revision Template
- Principles for Stormwater Wetlands Management
What to Submit
- Checklist #3 - Stormwater Management Report (Feb 1, 2013)
- Checklist #4 - XP SWMM Models
- Checklist #5 - Water Quality BMP (Oil-Grit Separator)
- Checklist #13 - Absorbent Landscaping
- Checklist #14 - Bioretention Areas
- Checklist #15 - Bioswales
- Checklist #16 - Green Roofs
- Checklist #17 - Permeable Pavement
- Checklist #19 - Stormwater Capture
- Checklist #20 - Stormwater Private Sites (Feb 1, 2013)
- Checklist #18 - Rainwater Harvesting
- Please note: The "Comprehensive Guide for Rainwater Harvesting as a Stormwater Best Management Practice", referenced in the Rainwater Harvesting Guidelines published by Development and Building Approvals (DBA) is currently under development.
- Should more information pertaining to the Guide be required, inquiries can be sent to Bert van Duin at email@example.com. Once the Guide is completed, an Industry Bulletin will be released.
New and Revised Stormwater Management Report Submission Requirements
All E-Stormwater submissions must contain the full report with all required checklists, information, and stamps.
POSEIDONOnline electronic submissions must contain all required information and attachments for a review. If any information or required attachements are missing the submission will be rejected. No partial applications will be accepted.
E-Stormwater reports are submitted directly via POSEIDONOnline.
If an applicant is submitting both the E-CD and E-SWMR concurrently, the E-CD must be submitted first.
If the E-CD is in circulation and the E-SWMR is being submitted at a later date, there is the ability to synchronize the E-CD to E- SWMR submission. The same applies if the Subdivision Stormwater Management Report is already in circulation and an E-CD is being submitted at a later date.
Amendments to Subdivision Stormwater Management Reports and Private Site Stormwater Management Reports.
Amendments to Subdivision and Private Site Stormwater Management Reports can be submitted to Water Resources via POSEIDONOnline using the Revised Final E-Stormwater Report process.
If a report number does not appear, in particular for Private Sites, please contact: IPInformationManagement@calgary.ca.
Final and Revised Final Stormwater Management Report Submission Requirements
To ensure the SWMRs available on City Online are the most recent, approved version and to make the reports more user friendly, Water Resources requires a clean copy of final and revised final SWMRs be provided after the no objections letter has been received.
The clean copy of the final or revised final SWMR should include the following:
- Report cover date should match the date the clean copy is being submitted.
- Appropriate SWMR checklist with certification from a Professional Engineer.
- A copy of the no objections letter is required as the first page.
- All previous comments and requirements should be addressed and incorporated into the report, with no mark-ups. All updated drawings, models, etc should be incorporated.
- For Revised Finals, the previous, most recent approved version of the report, prior to the changes should be included as an Appendix.
- Any previous correspondence that is relevant should be included as an Appendix.
How to Submit
Stormwater Management Reports are submitted electronically via: POSEIDONOnline.
POSEIDONOnline is accessed through The City's VISTA website, by selecting the Submit to Water link located on the left hand side of the VISTA main page.
For information about Vista logins see: Urban Development Online.
Clean copies of the Final and Revised Final Stormwater Management Reports are required to be provided with 15 business days of issuance of the No Objections letter from Water Resources.
Approved Reports on City Online
As of June 16, 2014, Infrastructure Planning is pleased to make SWMRs and SMDPs available through City Online.
To assist our Applicants in searching for information on City Online, Infrastructure Planning has made available two reference lists for Stormwater Management Reports: one for Subdivision and one for Private Sites.
For more information about report availablity please contact IPInformationManagement@calgary.ca.
Topics on this page:
- What to Submit
- How to Submit
- Approved Reports on City Online