Yoga and Pilates classes
Benefits of learning Yoga and Pilates
Tone, stretch, strengthen and balance your body and mind while you improve your body's alignment.
Ease the stress and tension of everyday life and gain stress relief tools that can be used outside of class.
Active relaxation is a deep and gentle activity which leaves you feeling refreshed and renewed.
Winter registration dates
You can now register for winter programs, classes and day camps.
Registration will open:
- 6 a.m. — Online (virtual waiting room opens at 5:30 a.m.)
- 8:30 a.m. — By calling the Customer Service Centre at 403-268-3800 (option 1).
- During business hours — At any City-operated Aquatic & Recreation or Arts facility.
Types of Yoga and Pilates classes
You can register online, in person at our Recreation facilities, or by calling
About our Yoga and Pilates instructors
Our instructors are highly qualified with a minimum of a 200 hour Yoga Alliance certification in Yoga and or Pilates. Our passionate and experienced instructors will safely guide your practice.
What are classes like?
Classes range from fifty minutes to an hour and a half in length.
Each class begins with a moment to focus the mind on the upcoming practice and a gentle wake up of the body. Classes proceed with a selection of poses and exercises based on the class style. Instructors guide movement and teach form. Classes end with a calming cool-down period.
- Bring a water bottle
- Bring a Yoga mat
- Wear comfortable clothes you can move in (dress in layers)
- Yoga and Pilates are practiced bare footed. You may bring your own blocks, bolsters or straps, if you wish